Sunday, June 26, 2011

So 4 days in on the McDougall MWL and things are going great. The eating plan has been mainly potatoes of all types prepared in any of the various fat free ways. Also tons of steamed veggies with teriyaki sauce or vegan queso. Exercise has been mainly brisk walking and light jogging, usually 3 miles or so/day. I have applied for a couple of diet tech jobs and in the mean time I am working more hours at the grocery store.

On a different subject, I want to share with anyone interested the list of podcasts I am currently really into. Natural living with Gary Null, Citizen Radio, Midwest Vegan podcast, and Our Hen House. Some older favorites that don't release new episodes as frequently are NZ Vegan, Abolitionist Approach, On Human Non-human Relations, Vegetarian Food for Thought, and Vegan/Vegetarian Solutions for a Sustainable Environment. These podcasts are what keep me going when I start feeling like the lone progressive in the land of right-wing good old boys. They are also where I get news on social issues and world government and politics from people I can trust.

Looking forward to sharing some interesting and useful information to this Blog :).


No comments: